Set in the heart of the Brecon Beacons, Craig-
In 1878 the castle and its setting captivated the leading opera star of the day, who felt she had found the home of her dreams amid the calm isolation of this beautiful valley. The castle's name alone strikes a romantic note and in rough translation means 'Rock of the Night'.
Why get married at Craig Y Nos Castle?
Consider whether you want a 'local' wedding, where you choose a venue near to the majority of your guests, or whether you want a non-
So very quickly, the reasons for choosing a local venue are:
1) All your guests (if local to you) can easily get to it.
2) You can economise by having two separate halves of the day -
Reasons against may include: 1) Limited choice of good venues locally. 2) Family and relatives scattered around the country, so not enough local guests to justify having a local wedding. 3) Tariffs locally are rather high. 4) If having a separate group of evening guests, you definitely have to provide an evening buffet, whereas if you have no extras in the evening, you could just have a later Wedding Breakfast and save on the buffet.
1) You can take over a building and have it to yourself.
2) All your guests can stay under one roof and you can make a full day or weekend of it.
3) Much wider choice of interesting venues if you go further afield -
4) Very good deals to be had if you have lot of guests staying overnight -
Disadvantages are: 1) It is not a local wedding: you and your guests will have to travel here. 2) You may end up with a load of very distant places to view if you are seriously considering venues that are not local to you.
Please consider whether you are really looking for a 'local' venue near where you live now, or are prepared to travel a bit further, to get a really good tariff, in a very interesting and unique historic building.
The main reasons people choose Craig y Nos are:
1) The Grade One Listed historic theatre
2) All my guests can fit within the castle and can stay in it overnight
3) Stunning views over the Country Park and the Brecon Beacons backdrop of mountain scenery
4) Loads of photo opportunities
5) Wedding Breakfast in the Conservatory with vistas over the countryside and mountains
6) Separate room for the evening do -
7) No other wedding on at the same time as ours -
8) Not a modern square box building -
9) Special Wedding Package at a very competitive rate, allowing you to pay a fixed sum for 50 guests allowing them stay at the Castle overnight. For more information visit our Wedding Pages here.