Terms & Conditions of contract relevant to Conferences, Banquets, Functions and Weddings (hereinafter referred to as “event”) between you the “client” and us “SelClene Ltd” of Craig Y Nos Castle. Payments made by credit cards will attract a booking fee of 2% of the credit card amount. Of course we gladly accept payment by debit card, cheque and cash, where no extra charge applies.
Contractual Conditions of Booking
(1) An accommodation booking is only confirmed once we have received valid credit card details, or a deposit, equal to one night's bed and breakfast cost, per room. When a credit card is used to secure a booking we will only use it to take the deposit in the event of the room/s not being claimed, or in the event of change or cancellation within 48 hours of the due date of arrival, as per condition 2 below. Bed and breakfast customers paying by credit card will therefore normally approve the full payment for their stay on arrival.
N.B. Overseas customers or anyone reserving rooms using non-UK registered credit cards must pay 50% of their total booking amount at the time of booking.
(2) No cancellation charges will be made when we receive notification of cancellations, or changes, to a booking before 12.00 noon two days before the confirmed date of arrival at Craig-y-Nos Castle . (If your reservation is say for Wednesday the 6th, you must notify us of any cancellation or change to your booking before 12.00 noon on Monday the 4th). After that time our policy is to take a cancellation charge equal to one-night's bed and breakfast cost per room booked.
In addition to the above Cancellation Terms, overseas customers or any other customers paying in advance will lose the full deposit if the correct Cancellation Terms are not followed
(3) We prefer Brides & Grooms and other Event Organisers generally not to block-book or ‘reserve’ rooms on behalf of their guests as arrangements frequently change. However, subject to approval we are able to do the following.
You may pre-book a maximum of 3 rooms, which you will become personally responsible for as if the rooms were your own. Ideally you should give us the names of the guests you have pre-booked rooms on behalf of, to enable us to ensure the room is not given to another guest of your Wedding or Event. These rooms must be secured by a valid credit card as per (1) above. Should your guest fail to occupy the room, or the room has not been cancelled as per (1) above your card will be debited for the full amount. Therefore you must ensure that if the room is going to be unoccupied you cancel by giving not less than 48 hours notice.
You are personally liable for the cost of these rooms if your guests for any reason are unable to make it on the day.
The following further conditions for Block Bookings will take effect
A) No Wedding Client or guest of any event or wedding client shall be permitted to book in excess of 3 rooms for their event or wedding. Any rooms booked shall be booked subject to our usual booking terms, namely that you will provide authority to debit a credit/debit card for the room being booked, unless that room is cancelled not less than 48 hours in advance.
B) In the months of May, June, July, August, September and October no wedding or event being booked on a Saturday is permitted to book any en-suites on the Friday. You or your guests may book non-en-suite accommodation on the Friday. The above applies unless the en-suites are being booked not more than 6 weeks in advance. (If your wedding or event is on a Friday your guests are permitted to book both Thursday and Friday nights).
C) In the months November to April inclusive, no wedding or event being booked on a Saturday is permitted to book more than six en-suites on the Friday. Your or your guests may book non-en-suite accommodation on the Friday. The above applies unless the en-suites are being booked not more than 6 weeks in advance. (If your wedding or event is on a Friday your guests are permitted to book Thursday and Friday nights).
D) For either period of the year, any Weddings or Events booked on a Sunday shall not be permitted at all to make any B&B bookings for the Saturday night.
(4) We cannot accept calls from guests trying to book rooms you have block-booked. We can only allocate un-booked rooms to your guests. The safest policy is ALWAYS to encourage your guests to book with us direct. Event Organisers and Brides and Grooms should not attempt to get involved in accommodation arrangements other than for close family and you should only ever book rooms you personally are prepared to pay for.
So when you send out your invitations, please ask your guests to book their rooms direct with the castle, either by phoning us or by visiting our website to select a room of their choice. Your guests should do this as soon as possible to be sure of securing a room and must book their rooms no later than 2 months before the event date.
(5) Check-in time is 3.00 pm and check-out time is 11.00 am, unless otherwise agreed. We may be able to accommodate earlier arrivals or provide changing rooms but you will need to make any such arrangements in advance with Reception.
(6) Although we are holding your valid credit / debit card details you may wish to pay by cash or cheque up to your card guarantee limit. The total bed and breakfast cost for your intended stay must be paid on arrival and before occupying the room/s.
(7) For group bookings, weddings and conferences and other events we will contact the organiser not less than seven days prior to the event in order to confirm final details. Payment for the event will then be taken seven days before the event date.
Please make sure you give us your full address and contact details including email address. We will need these to confirm your booking.
(8) If you require an evening meal for guests staying prior to the event date, please let us know when booking so that we can give you our menu options.
(9) Under the Hotel Proprietors Act 1974, SelClene Ltd (the owners of Craig Y Nos Castle) accept no liability for loss/theft of items, unless they are specifically deposited at reception for safekeeping.
We welcome any comments and suggestions relating to our facilities and services. Any complaints should be made in writing and addressed to Martin Gover, Craig-y-Nos Castle , Brecon Rd , Penycae, Powys , SA9 1GL . We will investigate and respond.
If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us on 01639 730205 or by e-mail
All bookings must be confirmed in writing by the client to secure reservations. Changes to the contract must be made in writing. Private parties and Wedding Receptions are required to pay an initial non-refundable deposit of £1000.00, followed by a further £500 six months prior to the event. For Wedding and Event bookings made more than 12 months in advance, an anniversary deposit of £500.00 will be required 12 months prior to the actual booking.
Your contractual obligations
All bookings are dealt with and thereafter processed by the hotel completing a Contract Form, a copy of which will be sent to you, the client, within five working days of confirmation of your booking. You will be obligated to complete the contract form on booking your event or by signing and returning the contract within five working days of receipt. The date of receipt shall be deemed to be 48 hours after the date of the postmark.
All prices are current and inclusive of VAT, unless otherwise stated. The management wishes to point out that, whilst every effort will be made to maintain the current prices they are subject to alteration.
I A Pro-Forma invoice will be sent out by the Hotel listing the full cost of your booking, which can be paid in amounts suited to yourselves prior to the seven days preceding your event.
2. Full payment is due seven days prior to the event, by cash, cheque, debit card or bankers draft.
3. After full payment all incidental expenses incurred on the day of the event will be paid before departing from the hotel.
4. Payment terms may be varied only be agreement with the Hotel in writing.
5. Any payment made by credit cards will attract a booking fee of 2% of the credit card amount. Of course we gladly accept payment by debit card, cheque and cash, where no extra charge applies.
Failure to pay timorously will result in interest rising at the rate of 4% per annum above Lloyds TSB Bank base rate from the due date, and payments receive late may incur an administration fee.
VARIATION OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS AS CONTAINED IN THE CONTRACT FORM
Change in numbers: It Is the obligation of the client to provide details of final numbers attending the event when requested to do so by the hotel and in any event not less than seven days before the event date. Should you desire to increase the previously agreed numbers it will be solely at the discretion of the hotel as to whether any increase will be permitted.
Client/Guest use of the HOTEL.
I. The hotel has statutory obligations and without prejudice to that generality such as those incumbent upon the hotel relating to Liquor Licensing, Fire Regulations, Health & Safety and others, it is therefore the obligation of the clients and their guests to comply with these requirements as may be directed and enhanced by staff at the hotel.
2 Clients and their guests shall not act in an improper disorderly manner. They shall also leave promptly at the appropriate time and comply with reasonable demands of the hotel personnel.
3. LICENSING HOURS
Our normal weekday opening hours in the bar are 11am until 11pm, however as a resident of the Hotel, you will be able use the bar after 11pm should it remain open. In busy periods the Bar will remain open to residents beyond the normal opening hours, but any non-residents will be asked to leave. At weekends and when we have events on, the bar may be open later, subject to our licensing hours. These are Monday to Thursday, 07.00 – 00.30, and Friday, Saturday & Sunday, plus Monday of all Bank Holiday Weekends, 07.30 – 02.30. However these later times are subject to there being an event being booked.
In the event of a cancellation by the client of the event, or in the event of a decline in the numbers attending the event by more than 20%, the following charges will apply:
12 calendar months Loss of £500.00 deposit
12 months to 6 months 5% of the estimated cost of the event or loss of all deposits paid whichever is the greater
6 months to 2 months 50% of the estimated cost of the event or loss of all deposits paid whichever is the greater
2 months or under 100% of the estimated cost of the event
6 months prior to your function the hotel must have sufficient information to provide the guest with a pro forma invoice indicating the estimated the cost of your function.
In the event of a cancellation by the hotel:
The event may by cancelled by the hotel should any of the following circumstances occur.
1. The hotel or any part of it is closed due to circumstances beyond the control of the hotel.
2. The insolvency of the clients.
3. Any other circumstances which in the sole opinion of the hotel’s management team, would lead to the reputation of the hotel being damaged or damage being caused to the property of the hotel.
In the event of cancellation by the hotel, the hotel will refund any advance payments subject to costs involved and absolve itself from any further liability.
In all Instances notifications of cancellations must be made in writing and will be effective on the date it is received by either party.
You will be advised that in the case of any event or wedding on a Saturday night, your guests will only be permitted to have the use of their accommodation from 3pm onwards, unless prior written confirmation is given.
1. The client shall be Liable for any loss or damage to the property of the hotel its patrons or any item within the hotel.
2. The hotel will take all reasonable steps to fulfill its obligation in respect of any event, to the best of its ability and in accordance with the details provided, but it reserves the right to provide alternative services of at least the equivalent standard and at no additional cost to the client.
3. Notwithstanding the above terms and conditions, the hotel will not be liable for any failure to perform its obligations to the client in whole or in part as a result of any of the following circumstances:
(a) Strikes or industrial action
Cc) Act of God
(e) Civil commotion
(f) Failure of service beyond our reasonable control.
4. Prices quoted are subject to annual review. The rate that you will have been offered at the time of booking will be correct for the year of your event but the hotel reserves the right to alter prices by giving not less than 28 days notice. This is also applicable to confirmed bookings. Price increases if made will be in line with economic circumstances and will not result in the client’s ability to cancel from contracts. The hotel reserves the right to add any new or additional tax imposed by lawful authority, which was not known at the time the contract was made. The attention of the clients is drawn to the notices relevant to The Innkeepers Liability Act and the Hotel Proprietors Act and any signs displayed in the hotel and also in the car park with regards to exclusion of liability by the hotel.
6. In connection with any event at which any form of entertainment is to be provided this will be entirely the responsibility of the client, irrespective of whether such entertainment has been arranged on your behalf by the hotel or whether such entertainment has been arranged by yourself, and all payments for entertainment, DJ’s, comedians and other contractors will be made direct by you to the contractor for services rendered. We accept no liability for the failure of such third party contractors.
7. If any provision of this agreement shall be found to be void invalid or unenforceable, whether by a court of law, agreement of the parties or otherwise, the remainder of this agreement shall remain in full force and effect notwithstanding any such invalidity illegality or unenforceability but the provision in question will either be amended so as to make it valid, legal and enforceable, or, in the event that this is not possible, deleted.
Should you be advised by any member of staff of a variation to the above, the varied terms will not apply unless they are in writing and signed by the member of staff concerned.